Buttermilk Pecan Chicken
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 18 pecan halves
- In a shallow bowl, combine the pecans, sesame seeds if desired, paprika, salt and pepper. Place flour and buttermilk in separate bowls. Coat chicken with flour, dip in buttermilk, then coat with pecan mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Top each with three pecan halves. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear.
Pecan Praline Cookie
- 35 graham crackers
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Place crackers on ungreased 10 x 15 sheet cake pan, covering bottom.
- Bring sugar, margarine and cream of tartar to a boil. Add nuts. Pour mixture oven the top of the crackers.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (170 degrees)
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool for a few minutes, and remove from pan while still warm.
Pineapple and Pecan Cheeseball
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 8 1/2 ounces crushed pineapple, canned
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
- Cream the cream cheese.
- Add remaining ingredients, reserving 1/4 cup of the chopped pecans. Chill.
- Form into a ball and roll in the reserved pecans.
Pecan Stuff Jalapeno’s
- 8 fresh Jalapenos
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¾ finely chopped pecans ( or pecan meal)
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 4 bacon slicesPre heat oven 450 degreesConsider wearing gloves while doing this recipe!
- Slice jalapenos lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Combine your cream cheese and pecans. Set aside
- Place pepper halves on a cookie sheet and fill them with cream cheese mixture.
- Place the brown sugar on a plate and cut the bacon into fourths.
- Dip the bacon into the brown sugar, coating each piece.
- Wrap each pepper with a bacon slice and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake at 450 till bacon is done. This is a delicious recipe!! (You may sprinkle more pecan pieces on top of the Jalapenos before baking)
Spinach Salad with Strawberries and Pecans
A little goat cheese or blue cheese is also delicious crumbled over this wonderful salad.
- 8 ounces fresh torn spinach or baby spinach
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cleaned and sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup pecan halves or pieces, lightly toasted
- 2 to 3 ounces goat cheese or blue cheese, crumbled, optional
- 1/4 cup Canola oil or other salad oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon each onion and garlic powder dash dry mustard
- Toss spinach with sliced strawberries, pecans, and cheese, if using.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar; shake until well blended. When ready to serve, drizzle dressing over the salad and toss lightly.
Serves 4 to 6.
Nutty Chicken Salad
- 1/2 cup light or regular mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup light or regular sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds skinned and boned chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 3 cups red and white seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
- Stir together 1/2 cup mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add chopped chicken and grapes, tossing gently to coat.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Stir in pecans just before serving.
- Serve in stemware lined with lettuce leaves, if desired.